Steel Fabricators, Certified Welders and Structural Steel Detailers
KH Engineering are one of Irelands leading structural steel fabrications in Ireland and the UK. Due to continued growth, we are now recruiting experienced Steel Fabricators, Certified Welders and Structural Steel Detailers with experience in StruCad or Tekla software to join our existing team.
The successful candidates will play a key role within a fast-paced and friendly environment.
For more information or to apply please email .
Office Based at Allenwood, Naas, Co Kildare and Sites Generally within the Dublin Area.
The suitable applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing day to day running of medium to large projects with possibility 2/3 projects running concurrently
- Agree programme requirements with Main Contractor and Design Team.
- Liaise with Production Manager to maintain programme
- Prepare Method Statements and RAMS
- Management and supervision of site foremen, steel erectors and other subcontractors
- Sourcing Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Ensuring strict adherence to the highest levels of Quality and Health & Safety.
- Ensuring that Management are updated with site progress and commercial issues
- Maintain records all labour, plant, material on site.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for variations and additions.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- Site Project Management preferably/but not necessarily working with structural steel
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
- Knowledge of construction software such as StrucCad, Strumis, AutoCAD or Tekla will be an advantage
- The ability to prioritise multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality and budgetary constraints
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings
- Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 18001 & CE Marking
- Competent working knowledge of Word, Outlook and excellent Excel skills
Salary will be commensurate with Experience;
Transport will be provided
K-H Engineering Ltd are looking for an Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analysing tender documentation and submitting quotations to Clients.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and analytical mindset.
(Senior or Junior / Depending on Education and Experience)
- Prepare thorough pricing estimates on new projects.
- Read and understand job bid instructions, detailed specifications and drawings.
- Prepare a "take off" of materials from drawings.
- Calculate costs for labour, materials, production times, plant costs and site costs.
- Build relationships with Main Contractors, Architects, Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
- Source Vendors, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers.
- Maintain database for enquiries and submit tenders in timely manner.
- Follow up and track quotations.
- Work directly with Sales.
- Use Excel or Strumis Estimating
Education and/or Experience
(desirable but not necessary as training can be provided)
Any of the following: Third Level Qualification such as Diploma in Construction Technology, Batchelor Of Science in Quantity Surveying, Batchelor of Science in Project Management, Construction Related Studies in Architecture or Engineering, Experience working in the steel industry such as a Steel detailer. Experience working as an Estimator.
- General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures would be an asset.
- Ability to review and analyse construction drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of organisation, as well as with external parties.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.